Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Michelle's Craft Room

I'm so excited to reveal Michelle's craft room!  Since "playing" in my craft room (which now looks shabby compared to this one I designed for her), she's been thinking of carving out her own space to craft and enjoy creating things. So I made a few trips to Ikea and Dollarama, and voila, I created this room for her.  Again the KEY thing is that all your items are within reach (but have a place of their own to avoid clutter). With that said, Michelle happily reported she was able to make cards quicker since being in her craft room.
I installed Ikea picture ledges on the left side to display her punches, cardstock and papers, so that she could easily remember what she had stock of. The desk was from Ikea (those bottom drawers are the perfect size for Stampin' Up's clear mount stamp cases by the way...:) There is a bucket for paper scraps and a catalogue where she can stamp her images.
Notice also the bulletin boards that I created by stretching Twitterpated Fabric over Ikea bulletin boards and stapling it in the back. Create extra visual interest by hanging them with ribbon.
I got these paper buckets from the dollar store, which keeps her tools and inks at hand. In the background you can see the Designer Series Paper that I framed for her using dollar store white picture frames.
I got this piece of grass from the dollar store (I know, can you believe it?!) and used the mini clothespins (that are now on sale and discountinued) to clip some of her latest card creations.
My favourite piece of the room... this "potted pinwheel flower" bucket I made, using a garbage can, pinwheels and fake grass all found from the dollar store. The bucket currently holds her brads. The caption says "Welcome to Michelle's Craft Room - Where creativity grows". Love it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment